Round Square International Conference was hosted online from September 20-23, 2021 on the theme ‘Blue Skies and Brave Conversation’. Six students, namely Gurwinder Singh, Sewak Singh, Jagnoor Kaur, Jashanjot Singh Khurana, Jasvir Singh and Vishav Partap Singh along with RS Head, Mr Ajay Singh and RS Rep, Ms Tanuja Singh participated in the event.
The conference was organized on a virtual platform ‘Gather’, where the students could make an avatar for themselves and enter inside. The platform was in the form of a park which had many activities for the delegates like:
- Cinema: A short movie based on the ideals of Round Square was screened every day.
- Fire Pits: Spaces were created where the students could debate on a given topic.
- Picnic Blankets: Few schools organized some activities based on a topic where the students could enter and play or discuss.
- Main Stage: The schools were asked to send a cultural performance which was screened on the main stage.
- Yoga Pagodas: The Yoga Pagodas offered various training videos which the delegates could watch and do.
- Conference Halls: The keynote addresses were screened in various Conference Halls.
- Baraza Rooms: After the keynote address, the delegates moved to the baraza rooms for detailed discussion.
- Beach: The delegates could enter the beach and relax and watch the individual performances of the delegates.
- Tetris and Piano Playing: Delegates also played game tetris and played piano during the conference.
- Art Gallery: Delegates were asked to send art pieces based on the theme which were displayed in the Art Gallery.
- Selfie Corner: The delegates could enter the selfie corner and post their selfie on the wall.
The conference was held for four days with sub-theme for each day. Day-1 was dedicated to ‘Brave Conversation’ followed by Day-2 based on ‘Inclusion and Identity’. Day-3 revolved around the theme ‘Climate Action’. Day-4 was devoted exclusively to ‘Ethical Leadership’. The delegates were expected to log into the gather platform every day, arrive on a virtual train and then proceed to the table of respective schools. The table had a message for all the delegates. They read the message, entered the park and spent an hour on the above-mentioned activities. This was followed by the keynote address, after which all the delegates moved to allotted baraza rooms for discussion on the given topic. The delegates assembled back at the school table at the conclusion of the baraza and read the homework for the next day.
In these challenging times when everything is going online, this conference was totally a different and amazing experience for all of us. Everyone had many takeaways and enjoyed the conference to the fullest.